Sunday, April 22, 2018

Спецпроекты :      Frontinfo.media     Voenkor   

 
Home / NEWS  / IN ENGLISH  / Breaking News, February 13, 2018

Breaking News, February 13, 2018

 

Over the past day, Ukrainian armed forces violated the ceasefire agreement nine times, shooting 173 shells at the front-line zones of the DPR. During the shelling, mortars, IFV weaponry, various types of grenade launchers and small arms were used. The northern and western outskirts of Donetsk, Dokuchaevsk, and villages in the suburb areas of Gorlovka were under fire. Information about the victims and the destruction is being specified.


At least seven civilians died in a result of an air strike performed by the international coalition led by Saudi Arabia in the south-western Yemeni province of Taiz. The exact number of victims is currently being specified — a local source reports that there may be more victims on site.


Syrian government forces are preparing to eliminate the extensive ISIS enclave in the Badia Desert, in the east of Homs province, and in the west of Deir ez Zor province. After the liberation of the Euphrates, small scattered groups of jihadists still control a large, but sparsely populated desert region between Sukhnu to Abu-Kemal. According to military sources, the 5th Corps of the Syria Arabian Army, and several units of the Lebanese group »Hezbollah» will participate in the operation. The military offensive is planned to start within the next month, after all the necessary reinforcements will be there.


The Turkish General Staff reported that since the beginning of the military operations in the Syrian region of Afrin — the Armed Forces of Turkey killed 1,439 «terrorists». The statement says that «The armed forces, involved in the Operation »Olive Branch» in Afrin, during February 13th destroyed 70 more terrorists from such groups as »People’s Self-Defense Forces», »the Kurdistan Workers’ Party», the »Democratic Union Party», and the extremist group of Islamic State. In total, since the beginning of the operation, 1439 terrorists have been neutralized» — end of statement.


The full-scale formation of the mobilization reserve has began in Russia. It is noted that the servicemen, who are currently in reserve, and have signed a contract with the defense ministry, will have to attend special classes on a monthly basis, and also take part in military training once a year. The state, in its turn, promises to pay allowance to the servicemen. The Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation informs that this system will work fully in 2018. According to experts, the initiative will strengthen the country’s defense capability. In case of wartime, reservists could be sent to the existing army units.


A member of the Georgian parliamentary majority, Alexander Kantaria, said that Tbilisi will send a request to Warsaw for the extradition of the former Georgian President Mikhail Saakashvili, if he decides to stay in Poland. The deputy recalled that the court of Georgia had already passed Saakashvili’s verdict, so the politician’s arrival is highly anticipated. Back in February 12th, Saakashvili was detained in Kiev. He was taken to the airport and deported from Ukraine to Poland.

ПОДЕЛИТЬСЯ


NO COMMENTS

POST A COMMENT